Marc Pautrel is a french writer born in 1967 who devotes himself entirely to writing. He is the author of nine novels published in France by Editions Gallimard, including The Princely Life (La vie princière, 2018) which was a bestseller in France.
- Born in France in 1967. First move at the age of three weeks and change of city every two or three years due to the work of his father (bank executive), lives in a dozen cities throughout France .
- In childhood, travels to Spain, England and Italy.
- In 1987, studying at the Institute of Political Studies (Sciences-Po) and then at the Faculty of Law in Bordeaux.
- In 1989, begins to write. Graduate degree in private law from Bordeaux University.
- From 1992, devotes himself entirely to writing.
- In 2006, meets the famous french writer Philippe Sollers in Bordeaux.
- In 2006 and 2007, publication of several short stories in the review L'Infini (Éditions Gallimard).
- May 7, 2009: publication of the first novel published by Editions Gallimard in the collection "L'Infini" directed by Philippe Sollers: L’homme pacifique (The Peaceful Man).
- Stays in Italy (Venezia) and in Spain (Barcelona).
- January 13, 2011: publication by Gallimard of the novel Un voyage humain (A Human Journey).
- In writing residence at Villa Marguerite Yourcenar (France, North).
- Stays one month in Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto) as laureate of the 'Stendhal Missions' of the Institut Français.
- January 10, 2013: publication by Gallimard of the novel Polaire (Polar).
- Stays one month in Mexico (México, Puebla) with the Aquiatine region's support.
- In writing residence in Brive (France, Corrèze).
- In writing residence at Chalet Mauriac (France, Gironde).
- Intervention during university conference "Littérature du moi, autofiction et hétérographie dans la littérature française et en français du XXe et du XXIe siècles" organized by Bordeaux III University, 25/10/2013.
- In writing residence at Maison Julien Gracq (France, Maine-et-Loire).
- October 2, 2014: publication by Gallimard of the novel Orpheline (Orphan Girl).
- Receives the Writer's Residence Prize from La Fondation des Treilles and stays two monthes at the Fondation des Treilles Domain (France, Var).
- Stays two monthes in Israël (Jerusalem), in writing residence with the Institut Français of Jerusalem.
- January 14, 2016: publication by Gallimard of the novel Une jeunesse de Blaise Pascal (A Blaise Pascal's Youth).
- Receives the Henri de Régnier Prize (Académie Française) with Une jeunesse de Blaise Pascal.
- Publication in Italy of Una giovinezza di Blaise Pascal (Translation by Francesco Bergamasco), Milan, Editions Archinto.
- January 3, 2017: publication by Gallimard of the novel La sainte réalité (Vie de Jean-Siméon Chardin) (The Holy Reality, Jean-Siméon Chardin's Life).
- In the Décembre Prize shortlist with La sainte réalité.
- January 4, 2018: publication by Gallimard of the novel La vie princière (The Princely Life).
- La vie princière is a bestseller in France.
- Receives the Ile-de-France High School Students Prize with La vie princière.
- August 29, 2019: publication by Gallimard of the novel L'éternel printemps (The Eternal Springtime).
- June 3, 2021: publication by Gallimard of the novel Le peuple de Manet (The Manet's Nation).
- publication of L'enterrement de Poquelin Molière (Poquelin Molière's funeral) in the french review L'Infini n° 148 (Éditions Gallimard), short novel written for the Molière's 400th anniversary (1622-2022).